If you haven’t made your video yet for the Mayor Kidifornia Video Contest here are some tips that could help you along the way.
Task at Hand
Create a maximum 1-minute video on what you most enjoy about the city, showing why you should be the Mayor of Carlsbad, Kidifornia.
Steps in the Process
- Ask your parent’s permission – Make sure your parents read the Terms & Conditions to participate (no purchase is necessary).
- Get ready to film!
- Film the locations and activities you enjoy most within Carlsbad
- Don’t forget to bring chargers or anything else you need on the day you record the video.
- Add some creativity to the mix by thinking over how you’d like the video to turn out before recording.
- Upload your video before November 12 to Instagram or Facebook, simply with the hashtag #MiniMayorCarlsbad and #VisitCarlsbad, to enter the competition.
- Win Big! The winner will get a package for your family including two nights at West Inn & Suites, dinner for four at Bistro West, lunch for four at Grubby’s and four park passes to LEGOLAND!
Tips for Recording
- Keep the camera steady – You don’t want your video to be shaky and unwatchable. Use a tripod or other equipment to keep your camera steady.
- Get Close Up, Medium and Wide Shots – Use Zoom button sparingly- Get closer to the subject instead.
- Use good lighting – Early Morning and Late Evening (or the so-called “golden hour”) is the time for the best light.
- Be aware of background noise or distortions in the audio
- Frame Your Shots as much as possible, use the environment around you the trees, bushes, architecture whatever you can use to surround the subject, creating a frame.
Ideas for Videos
- Capture the beauty, greenery and local flora and fauna at the local parks
- Waterproof your camera and show off your favorite water fun spots
- Focus on the sounds of the city that you love – Fans at the football or baseball game, buzzing bees, the sounds of kids laughter and play at the local park.
- Show off the sites, smells and sounds of the local Farmer’s Market or Street Fairs.
- Take a visit to your favorite store or restaurant and show off what you love about it.
- Visit some of the local hiking trails or biking trails and record the natural beauty and wonder that surrounds you.
Good luck with your video creations!